Your podiatrist in Fenton, MO also serving St. Louis, MO, can help your feet feel better.
Orthotics can help more than just your feet. Orthotics can help relieve pain in your legs and back too. They can help you walk better, and they are an easy, non-invasive treatment for foot conditions like plantar fasciitis. Your podiatrist can determine which orthotics are perfect for your feet and your lifestyle.
Dr. Richard Wittock at Ankle and Foot Institute in Fenton, MO also serving St. Louis, MO, offers comprehensive foot care services, including orthotics, to help your feet feel better.
So, how can you tell if you might need orthotics? You can benefit from orthotics if you:
- Have foot pain that doesn’t go away
- Have pain in your legs and back
- Have difficulty or pain when you walk
- Have a foot condition like plantar fasciitis
- Run, jog, or practice an activity that causes foot stress
You also might need orthotics if you have:
- Rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- A traumatic injury to your feet
- Balance or walking problems
If you think you might need orthotics, it’s time to visit your podiatrist. Dr. Wittock will perform a comprehensive examination of your feet, including evaluating the way you walk. Looking at the way you walk can help determine how much stress your feet experience when you walk.
There are several types of orthotics, and your podiatrist can help you decide on the best one. You can choose from:
- Soft orthotics, which are made of soft materials. They can help your balance and walking, and they can help cushion your feet by relieving pressure. Soft orthotics are an excellent choice if you have diabetes or arthritis.
- Semi-rigid orthotics, which are a combination of both soft and hard materials. They are an excellent choice for pediatric foot problems, sports injuries, or sports-related stress.
- Rigid orthotics, which are made of hard materials. They are an excellent choice if you have muscle or tendon pain in your feet or legs.
Orthotics can help relieve pain and improve your quality of life. To learn more about how orthotics can help your feet, call Dr. Wittock of Ankle and Foot Institute in Fenton, MO also serving St. Louis, MO, at (636) 717-1100 now!